Thursday 21 August 2008

Birthday Celebrations - 2008

It was just like any other day except the fact that this time I am in a foreign land. Away from my family, my good old friends, my home land. I had only my very good friend, my hubby with me here. Also I had made a few good friends at work.
My hubby had bought a bouquet of Chrysanthemums the previous evening, for presenting me with it at the stroke of midnight, but I spoilt the surprise when I found the receipt for the same. The look on his face was cute when I asked him where has he hidden the bouquet? Ha ha, but I consoled him saying this is the correct time as it is already past 12 in India :)
At quarter past twelve I got a call from my brother. It was heartwarming because as kids (to tell the truth even after we had crossed our teens) we just could not see eye to eye on any matter and never even cared about the each others birthday.
As expected the first call in the morning was from my parents. As usual they wished me well and asked me to go to any temple nearby.
Once I reached office I saw my inbox flooded with mails from my old friends. And so the day started in a very pleasant way, making me feel loved.
As is the tradition here in my office I had to bring goodies for all of my colleagues. And I was presented with a card by my team lead which was signed by everyone.
Later I got call from my in-laws and my loving uncle and aunties.
I started early from work so that I could get ready for the evening to have a nice cosy dinner at my favourite restaurant with my hubby.
As the day came to an end I counted my blessings and thanked God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment