Monday 23 September 2013

Is it O2 or a birthday cake!!

A two year old can fire your imagination. I realised this when we took our bubba to the O2 dome (Millenium Dome) over the weekend. Those of you who have not seen it below is a picture of the same.


photo credit: http://www.americanahotel.co.uk/media/photos/o2a.gif

Now as soon as we got out of the car my little one started singing "Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to you". It took me a moment to realize that she had actually pictured the dome as a big birthday cake and the support poles on the top were the candles and hence the birthday song. Yes it brought a smile to my lips too... :)

Even though I had seen the building a thousand times before I never pictured it that way!

And in a way it got me thinking how I have lost the child in me. Kids find even the smallest of things very interesting and look at everything around them with curiosity. They actually bring a fresh perspective into this world. I just hope I can keep the fire of imagination burning in her and maybe that will kindle back mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment