Thursday 9 October 2008

Morning Muse

Lying on the bed
I squint my eyes
Through the gleaming rays of the sun
To catch the ever elusive time

I realise
Its already too late
By this time
I should have been at the gate

I jolt myself
Out of the bed
Long gone are those
Carefree merry days

Oh! How I wish
I could turn back time
To be vanquished
Of this grime

Sadly I realise
Life must go on
There will be bumps
But I should hold on

As I leave
The warmth of the sheets
I perceive
Its a bright day outside

Dew gleaming
In the bright sun
Ants scurrying
Out of their den

Birds leaving
Their nests
Kids walking to school
In full zest

I look at the time
No more in apprehension
Now I know
My mood can't be dampened

I turn back
To get dressed
With a spring in my steps
A smile on my lips

I am strong
I will be out of this gloom
I say to myself as the sun
Peeps into my room

No comments:

Post a Comment